<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Home > I'm Confused

I'm Confused

February 26th, 2009 at 12:26 pm

I just got another W-2 in the mail today. They had a really old address so it took a while to get to me. Weird thing is, they had an address of mine from 2007, not 2008 (I moved in fall of 2007 to an apartment with my grandma).

But the thing is, I do not recognize the company. I worked at two places last year. One was where I currently worked and the other was a short stint at another company. I have already received both W-2s.

Could it be a correction? I thought that at first but when I compared the names of the companies on my other W-2s to this one, none match.

Obviously I am going to need to file an amended tax return, as this will affect what I was owed. I already received my refund so I am most likely going to owe the IRS money.

But that doesn't answer my question: Where the heck did this W-2 come from?

I'm going to try to call this company and get information from them.


Ok. So the company I currently work for had one payroll company until the end of 2007. Then, starting Jan. 1 of 2008 they had a new payroll company. This W-2 is for the last paycheck I received from the old payroll company on Jan. 4th of 2008.

I'm glad I got that cleared up. Amended return here I come...

1 Responses to “I'm Confused”

  1. North Georgia Gal Says:

    I would find out who they are before you file an amended return. They whould be able to tell you what dates you worked for them.

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
Will not be published.

* Please spell out the number 4.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]